Orthopaedics & Soft Tissue Surgery
At Lime Trees Vets Referrals, we are aware we may be local to you, but be reassured that we will never register your referred clients with our 1st opinion service.
Orthopaedic and Soft Tissue Surgery referrals are seen by Horatio Marchis PGCertSAS MRCVS.
Horatio is available to support you with no obligation and free advice including x ray and laboratory results interpretation.
Hip replacements can also be performed at Lime Trees Vets in conjunction with Tom Gilding BVSc BSc CertSAS MRCVS.
- Cruciate ligament rupture (by TTA, TPLO, and lateral suture techniques)
- Patella (knee cap) luxation
- All fracture repairs
- Hip dysplasia treatment and prevention
- Lameness investigation
- Shoulder and elbow conditons including dysplasia, OCD, muscle, tendon and ligament disease
- Achilles tendon injury
- Spinal disease investigation and surgery.
- Angular limb deformities
- Joint luxations
- Total Hip Replacements
- Chest surgery including pericardial strips, pyothorax management, vascular ring anomalies such as PRAA, PDA, oesophageal foreign body removal (surgical and endoscopic), diaphragmatic herniation and lung lobectomy.
- Abdominal surgery including urinary incontinence investigation and treatment, gastric dilation and volvulus (GDV) treatment and prevention, pyloric stenosis correction, abdominal tumour treatment, kidney disease, prostate disease, gastrointestinal disease, liver disease
- Skin and wound reconstruction for traumatic and cancer cases
- Oral cancer removal and reconstruction
- Perineal hernia repair
- Laryngeal paralysis correction via tieback
- Overlong soft palate correction.
- Stenotic naral correction
- Hard and soft palate reconstruction.
- Entropion/ Ectropion (eyelid abnormality) surgery
- Dystichiasis correction
- Ear surgery e.g. TECA/LBO, Lateral wall resections and vertical canal ablations.
- Screw tail correction
- Cherry eye correction
- Anal saculectomy
- Rectal surgery and neoplasia treatment
H. Brissot, H. Marchis. Proximal gastrectomy and cardiectomy, using an intraluminal circular stapler in two dogs (2017) Australian Veterinary Practitioner, Vol. 47, Issue 3, pages 82-85.
H. Marchis, T. Veiga-Parga. Muscular angiomatosis in a dog. Vet Record Case Reports, Volume 7-4, November 2019.
Nice, clean, welcoming and very reasonably priced vets. My dog Kit came here for surgery following breaking her leg in two places & also ligament damage. The people were lovely I had no worries on leaving her in their capable hands. I could call anytime of the day or night to see how she was doing. Would not hesitate to use them again. Many thanks.