5 reasons to make sure your pet’s food is specifically for their life stage…
Here are 5 reasons to make sure that your pet’s food is designed specifically for their life stage:
- Puppies and kittens that are growing require pet food with a higher protein level and a higher calorie count than most mature dogs and cats, to meet their growth requirements. If these nutritional demands are not met, your pet’s growth may be stunted and/or your pet may become ill.
- DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), a fatty acid, according to the results of some studies, show that puppies eating dog food containing DHA have been found to be more trainable.
- Obesity is the most common disease seen today in both dogs and cats. One reason for this is that some non-working dogs are being fed working dog food. These pets may spend mostof their day chilling out on the sofa waiting for their owners to come home, rather than rounding up sheep all day! This means their food is too high in calories causing weight gain.
- Female dogs and cats that are pregnant or nursing have higher nutritional demands because they are busy growing new lives or making milk to feed them, therefore they require a type of food to support these needs.
- Senior pets often have special nutritional requirements. Pets with mobility issues may benefit from pet food contains glucosamine and/or fatty acids such as DHA and EPA. Older pets may also suffer from illnesses such as chronic kidney disease or heart disease. In some cases, feeding the appropriate pet food can actually be an effective method to manage these diseases.
If you have any questions regarding your pet’s diet, please call us on 01782 385285 or 01538 752117.